Thursday 1 September 2011

Four Years...

Four years ago today I married my best friend.

Yup people, its gonna be one of those posts. Gay, full of romance and ridiculously drawn out.
I suggest skipping unless you feel like being sick.


Neil, my husband, the father to my son and my best friend. I think about you at least 20 times a day. When I see something funny you are the first person I want to share it with. Even if sometimes you don't want me too (Ryan pooping).
I try to make sure to say good bye to you every morning with a kiss and hello to you every night with a hug.

I know a new baby can be a romance killer but with every touch or butt smack you let me know you still care. I hope I convey the same.
You make me happy with every silly joke, long drawn out story or when you make our son giggle and smile like an idiot.
Sometimes I want to kill you or smack the crap out of you but at least you keep it interesting.

The past 10 years we have had amazing ups and crushing lows but through everything you are there for me always. You have shown me so much and in a lot of ways shaped and changed me into the person I am today. When I am scared to do or try something new you push me. Even though I fight you don't let me back down and always support me through it. If its roller coasters or ATVing in Aruba I always have a fun time.

You remind me to not be a old fuddy duddy and to live life. You push me even when sometimes I want to be left alone, but you always have my best interest in mind.
Thank you for giving me two of the best things one human can give another... your time and sharing a new life (our awesome son).

 If you really think about it we have made it through so much good and bad. Long distance relationship, you moving back and forth from Canada to Florida, me moving up and struggling with that, getting married, traveling (though that is always a blast!), the loss of our daughter and the birth of our son.
 I am excited to see what the next few years have in hold for us. I know it will be at times fun and other times stressful but I know one thing I can count on is you by my side and always ready to put a smile on my face.

I'm sorry I didn't get you a donut yesterday, it was selfish of me. I owe you one Krispie Kream Donut.

Now feel free to call me gay and make fun of me... though I know really this touched you. But you will never admit to it. heh.
(this is the face you will make at me after reading this)

See, I know you way too well.




No comments:

Post a Comment