Thursday 14 April 2011

CN Tower 360 Restaurant with mom and Neil

Last night Neil and I decided to surprise mom with a dinner at the 360 Restaurant at the CN Tower. It went over so well with Liz and Chris when they visited in November why not try with my mom. Also it's the best way to get a view of the whole city.
It didn't start out so great. Little did I know mom had a fear of heights... oops. And of elevators. Double Oops.
But the elevator trip is a minute (for real) to get up there and once she saw the restaurant she was okay. I told her there were no glass floors, they don't want people to get sick while eating!
We got an awesome table right near the glass so she had a great view. She didn't want to sit near the glass though so she sat next to Neil and I was across from them. We were able to get there while the sun was up, so we saw the sun set and the city at night. Neil pointed out parts of Toronto to her and talked about the city and I think she enjoyed learning about it.

Neil and my mom went for the price fix menu. (four course)

Mom got 
1. ROASTED SQUASH BRUSCHETTA with Toasted hazelnut pesto 
2. 360 CAESAR SALAD Hearts of romaine, pancetta, vinaigrette and Parmesan cheese 
3. SLOW ROASTED, AGED, CANADIAN AAA PRIME RIB OF BEEF Rosemary bread pudding, roasted root vegetables, natural jus 
4.PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH ICE CREAM Gingered orange couscous, maple English cream

Neil got 
1. PULLED CHICKEN MOLE Sweet corn polenta tart  
2. KING COLE DUCK THREE WAYS Duck Prosciutto, Duck Galantine and Duck Rillette Beamsville sour cherry chutney, fennel mustard  
3. SLOW ROASTED, AGED, CANADIAN AAA PRIME RIB OF BEEF Rosemary bread pudding, roasted root vegetables, natural jus 
4. DARK CHOCOLATE TOWER WITH PRESERVED SUMMER FRUITS Raspberry vanilla crème Anglaise 

I got
Appetizer of  
SWEET POTATO FRIES with Lemon Aioli
Dinner was  
ROAST QUEBEC PORK TENDERLOIN WITH GOLDEN RAISINS, NIAGARA VERJUS Roasted carrots, spelt and saffron risotto.

I ate some of Neil and Mom's dessert. SO YUMMY.
I can not begian to explain how wonderful my dinner was and how AMAZING the cheesecake mom got was. I will have dreams of it.

We had a wonderful time and mom really enjoyed her meal. Neil told her he hopes she enjoyed it cause she is going to get water and bread the rest of the time she is up here. hahahaha  

And now for the pictures. 

 Neils Duck three ways.
My sweet potato fries. 
My pork yummy-ness (so moist)

Neil and my mom had the same thing, Prime Rib. Perfect!

The cheesecake sent from heaven. I wanted to order one for home. hehe

Neils chocolate tower, very light moose




Over all a very successful night!




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment